Referring a child to Ad Astra is simple. By completing our first point referral, you are taking the first step in accessing one Yorkshire's high quality Alternative Provision for 11-25 year olds.
Click here to be directed to our downloadable attachments
Step by Step Guide to School Referral
1. School to complete and return First Point Referral to Ad Astra.
2. One of our experienced senior team members will contact you within 48 hours to discuss current placement availability.
3. Our senior team member will send you a full point referral, this is the full application to apply for a placement at Ad Astra.
4. Your application will be processed within 72 hours by our dedicated team. Ad Astra promise to work closely with schools to create learning packages that are suitable for both the student and school requirements.
5. In most cases, we invite the student and a school rep to attend a visit to our provision to ensure the student feels comfortable and receives direct information from our team.
6. Once the above has been completed and confirmation of student placement, we then offer an service level agreement for all of our stakeholders. These SLA's can be processed for one academic year.
We understand the importance of communication, so all parties who are involved will be invited to student reviews and any other crucial meetings
Ad Astra understands it is vital for all children to access Education in a safe environment, especially those that struggle in a mainstream school routine, whether it is due to learning or behavioural difficulties.
It is important to note, that we cannot take direct referrals from families.
Parent / Carer Referral
Step by Step Guide to Parent / Carer Referral
1. Although we cannot accept student referrals without School or Local Authority confirmation, Ad Astra will work closely with parents and carers by informing you of the best ways to access our provision. Our experienced senior team will be able to give you all the information you need to feel confident in your application.
If your child has a EHCP (Education, Health, Care Plan), they are able to access alternative education at the discretion of the school they are attending. If your child is not registered at a school or is NEET (Not in Education, Employment or Training), your local council are responsible in finding your child a placement whether it is at a school or alternative education.
2. You have parental choice on where your child attends, so during the application process, you can inform your local council on your interest in Ad Astra.*
3. Express your interest in Ad Astra to your local council. It is them who can begin the referral process and confirm any placement.
4. If your child is 16 or above and has an EHCP, they are able to access our Post 16 provision until the age of 25. Contact us for more information on this provision.
5. We will keep in touch with you every step of the way, our team will guide you through and ensure you are kept informed throughout the process.
Contact us today to find out more information
* Although you have parental choice, your local council have the right to apply your child to another provision.