Referring a child to Ad Astra is simple. By completing our first point referral, you are taking the first step in accessing one Yorkshire's high quality Alternative Provision for 11-25 year olds.
Click here to be directed to our downloadable attachments
Step by Step Guide to School Referral
1. School to complete and return First Point Referral to Ad Astra.
2. One of our experienced senior team members will contact you within 48 hours to discuss current placement availability.
3. Our senior team member will send you a full point referral, this is the full application to apply for a placement at Ad Astra.
4. Your application will be processed within 72 hours by our dedicated team. Ad Astra promise to work closely with schools to create learning packages that are suitable for both the student and school requirements.
5. In most cases, we invite the student and a school rep to attend a visit to our provision to ensure the student feels comfortable and receives direct information from our team.
6. Once the above has been completed and confirmation of student placement, we then offer an service level agreement for all of our stakeholders. These SLA's can be processed for one academic year.
We understand the importance of communication, so all parties who are involved will be invited to student reviews and any other crucial meetings
Click here to access our safeguarding vault
Ad Astra understands it is vital for all children to access Education in a safe environment, especially those that struggle in a mainstream school routine, whether it is due to learning or behavioural difficulties.
It is important to note, that we cannot take direct referrals from families.