Following the Government Announcement today that the Doncaster region will fall into the ‘Very High Alert’ level starting on 24th October 2020, we wanted to provide an update as to what Ad Astra will be doing as a result of this change.
The following guidance is outlined within the ‘Covid Alert Level: Very High’:
· you must not socialise with anybody outside of your household or support bubble in any indoor setting, private garden or out most outdoor hospitality venues and ticketed events;
· you must not socialise in a group of more than 6 outside, including parks, beaches and public spaces;
· Pubs and bars to close
· schools, universities and places of worship remain open
· weddings and funerals can go ahead with restrictions on the number of attendees
· exercise classes and organised sport can continue to take place outdoors. These will only be permitted indoors if it is possible for people to avoid mixing with people they do not live with or share a support bubble with, or for youth or disability sport
· avoid travel outside of the area, however for the purposes of education this is permitted;
· you must wear a face covering where this is mandated
· continue to follow social distancing where possible.
In addition to our update letter dated 15th October 2020, we will continue to follow the principles outlined in our update letter dated 27th August 2020, and have put the following precautions in place;
· Students will be placed into smaller groups to reduce the risk of infection spreading across groups;
· There will be no mixing of York and Doncaster based students whilst either area is under ‘Very High Alert’ restrictions;
· Amendments to the timetable have been made to reduce the number of contact hours whilst still ensuring all aspects of provision are met for those students in the Very High Alert area;
· Some members of staff (dependant of their groups) will be wearing PPE during sessions;
· In the Doncaster region, all activities and sessions will be carried out in external open spaces.
· With the closure of café’s, restaurants and other food and drink outlets, students and staff will be asked to provide their own packed lunch and drink
These precautions will be in place until further Government Guidance is released or Doncaster is reduced to a lower alert level.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Julia Crane – Head of Provision Julia.email@example.com
Lyz Shaw – Designated Safeguarding Lead Lyz.firstname.lastname@example.org
Laura Harben – Operations Manager Laura.email@example.com