Updated: Mar 13
As an Alternative Provision who work across two locations within Yorkshire, Ad Astra are taking the advice of the government for COVID-19. There are important steps people can take to stop the spread of any infection, by maintaining good hand, respiratory and personal hygiene measures:
· Washing hands regularly but especially after coughing and sneezing
· Cover the nose and mouth with a disposable tissue when sneezing, coughing, wiping or blowing your nose - think ‘Catch it, Bin it, Kill it!’
· Wash hands with soap and water or use alcohol rub. Please do this for more than 20 seconds
· Don’t share cups, cutlery without washing them in detergent first
· Go to www.gov.uk/coronavirus for further information
· Contact NHS 111 if you have been to an affected country, or have been in contact with a confirmed case, and have symptoms. NHS 111 may advise you to self-isolate while waiting for a coronavirus test and getting the test results. This does not mean you have coronavirus, as the majority of test results are negative. You will be asked to self-isolate as a precaution.
The risk to all our staff and students is low and Ad Astra will not close unless otherwise informed by the government. All placements you may have with Ad Astra are remain very much open. We expect all placements to remain open and reserve the right to cancel placements if a school / local authority decides to close and refuse payments to Ad Astra.
We are taking all necessary precautions, and would like to ensure that all our student’s timetables are kept in place, due to the social/emotional and mental implications that it could cause if we were to close. As well as the financial implications this would cause parents/carers.
Any placements may be placed on hold or students will be placed on our waiting list if payments are not received in the event of school closures. This is due to the low risk our students hold if their school closes as many of our students are not currently attending any school timetable posing no further risks to the public.
Is your child unwell?
If your child has any symptoms, or has been in contact with anyone who has recently travelled to/from the effected areas, please call us on 01904 449846. Do not send your child to Ad Astra. Please call us at your earliest convenience.
If you require any further information, please contact us on 01904 449846